We have some exciting new products in store for SS17 and are keen to tell you a little more about how these came about...
This range was inspired by traditional craft techniques, our best selling and iconic Hearts print has been given the hand crafted treatment. The hearts have been layered and offset to create a screen-printed effect, with an ivory halo and dark shadow. This has always been an emotive range, which is still practical at its core but reflects our brand essence in its thoughtful attention to detail and hand finished feel. Keep your week in order with our new Kraft Ultimate Organiser or wind down at the weekend with our new Sketch Book with colouring pages.
Ultimate Organiser £16.50, Little Jotter £6
Things you didn’t know about Kraft paper...
- Kraft paper is made from wood pulp - most commonly southern pine and sometimes from bamboo.
- Kraft paper is stronger and more durable than most other types of paper with a high tear resistance, plus it can be easily recycled.
- It was traditionally used for grocery packaging.
- Due to the ‘green packaging’ trend and people becoming more environmentally conscious, it’s popularity over the last few years has increased dramatically.
- Part of Kraft paper’s charm is it’s nostalgia and organic, handmade feel.
- Created in Germany in 1879 by Carl F. Dahl, it’s name comes from the German word Kraft - meaning strength.
Here at Caroline Gardner we choose to use Kraft paper as the basis for this range because it’s a blank canvas to which any print or pattern can be applied, whilst the nature of the paper still allows our products to retain that organic hand-crafted feel, which pairs so well with our new offset hearts design.
Where our hearts print started...
Our hearts design is one of our original and most iconic prints. With every season it has changed and evolved in line with new and upcoming trends. I wonder what the new style for AW17 will be!
The original Hearts design - Spring / Summer 2016 - Autumn / Winter 2016
Autumn / Winter 2016 - Spring / Summer 2017 - Spring / Summer 2017
Shop the NEW SS17 Crafted Collection