- To manage the overall operation of the store.
- To ensure that the Stores productivity, sales and profitability goals are achieved or exceeded.
- To provide excellent customer service standards and ensure that ‘clientelling’ or the preferred customer programs are actioned by all staff members.
- To ensure that operating standards and merchandising objectives are managed effectively in line with the business expectations.
- To ensure that all controllable costs are managed effectively.
- To devise and implement store planning and staff development programmes to achieve sales, profitability and development objectives.
- Manage web pick, pack, dispatch from the store basement
- To operationally control all stock within the MHS store.
- Store selling and Web operations team members
Key Result Areas
- Achieve (and wherever possible exceed) sales and profit budgets. Effectively managing all controllable costs within the store ensuring that they are kept within budget.
- Achieve individual productivity goals for themselves, their team and the Store. Maximise all selling opportunities by close monitoring of KPI measurements. To take appropriate action to address performance issues where necessary.
- Be responsible for the planning, co-ordination and implementation of in-store events and activities using a promotional calendar to plan all activity.
- Ensuring that the store delivers a consistently high level of customer care at all times through setting the standards, communicating the expectations and monitoring the progress of the team. Recognise success and managing poor performance accordingly.
- Ensure incentives are in place to improve Store data capture
- Improve store ATV via training, upselling and incentives.
- Recruit, train, motivate and develop the team to optimise the Stores performance. Ensure all staff possess excellent product knowledge; through regular training on new merchandise prior to launch, and on-going refresher training where necessary.
- Establish effective management of payroll budgets in order to guarantee optimum shop floor cover at key trading periods.
- Adhere to Caroline Gardner recruitment and HR policies and procedures as outlined in the Store Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to the company policies and procedures in regards to Health and Safety in the store.
- Be responsible for achieving the highest standards of visual merchandising, presentation and house-keeping standards in the Store. Having a keen eye for detail.
- Propose, manage and lead annual stock take with support of Head Office.
- Be accountable for regular stock checks in order to maintain data integrity within the Store. Including preparation and execution of regular stock takes. Where necessary take corrective action.
- Ensure that stock levels are regularly reviewed and maintained to maximise sales within the Store. Liaise directly with the buying and merchandising team to ensure no sales opportunities are missed.
- Ensure all employee areas are clean, tidy and organised.
- Take steps to ensure that the company property and stock is secure and implement full security checks to ensure that company procedures and processes are being carried out.
- Actively manage all direct expense budgets.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with in a sympathetic and timely manner and that a monitoring process is established in order that effective and timely solutions to customer issues are put in place.
- Develop action plans in order to increase sales and profits. Analyse the Stores business reports to highlight opportunities to increase sales. Address any problems or opportunities with urgency.
- Ensure effective communication to all team members of store performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Be responsible for all areas of Store Operations. Ensuring store and stockroom is organised and relevant procedures are in place.
- Implement store and web procedures to ensure the smooth running or all aspects of store and despatch operations.
- Oversee and be responsible for web despatches, planning for peaks and troughs. Ensuring team is built in an appropriate triangle of management creating the ability to delegate successfully.
- Devise and implement procedures to ensure the store maintains high standards in your absence.
- Be a brand ambassador thinking of the Caroline Gardener brand profile in everything that you do.
- To set and promote clear and excellent standards of customer service within store, training the team to demonstrate the ‘extra mile’ approach with customers and ensuring the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
- To assist in driving excellence in service within the team through product knowledge and brilliant selling skills.
- To deliver the best standards of customer service on the high street, ensuring measures are in place for continuous improvement.
- To ensure the accurate collection of Customer Data and store sales statistics.
- To manage the Caroline Gardner retail Customer Services desk. Responding to customers in a timely, effective manner whilst protecting profit and brand values.
Competencies and Experience
- Demonstrable success gained in a Store Manager position, preferably with a recognised brand.
- Excellent communication skills both externally and at all levels in the company, both written and verbal.
- Ability to drive sales and motivate a team.
- Enjoys detail, accuracy and is analytical.
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills.
- Shows ‘hunger’ and ambition to drive through initiatives and change, to achieve company targets.
- Demonstrates an ability to plan the work of the team to achieve the company goals.
- Successfully able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Ensure all team/department reporting is completed on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates respect and politeness and regularly exceeds customer expectations.
- Liaises frequently with customers to keep them fully informed.
- Shows innovation and initiative in setting customer care standards.
- The capacity to establish credibility and authority quickly.
- Experience of leading teams in excess of 4 in a retail environment.
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated
- Understanding and representation of brand attributes
- Demonstrates an ability to lead, motivate, train and develop a team through active management
- Willingness to adapt and take on new challenges, and driven to continually improve
- Always presents a professional image
- Acts as an inspiration to others
- Self-motivator and leader
- Actively seeks self-development opportunities
Prepared to go the extra mile to achieve targets