Merchandising (maternity cover)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Merchandiser to join our friendly and driven team at a time of immense excitement and growth. The position offers real responsibility and an exciting role for an ambitious team player. We are open to all levels for this role, depending on the person and relevent experience.
Reporting to: Head of Merchandising
The Role & Key Responsibities:
- Working with HoM and Buying Director to develop a strategic plan for all business models to maximise the profitability of the business.
- Compiling and presenting planning packs for seasonal buys and reviews
- Working with the buyer to oversee the critical path in order to maintain timely deliveries and reduce OOS, flagging any issues to the management team with solutions.
- Responsible for planning, building and maintaining an accurate range plan per season for all categories, leading to planned option counts, buy units etc….
- Prepare information to present in the monthly reforecasting meeting with a view of actions that need to be taken.
- Working closely with the Head of Sales to maximise the most profitable routes to market
- Maintain good relationships with key customers and suppliers with regular meeting were appropriate.
- Management and development of an Assistant Merchandiser and Merch Admin
- Be the point of contact for all Merch SAGE related queries.
- Prepare for stocktakes
- Prepare seasonal cash flow forecasts for finance with fortnightly updates
- Plan and oversee markdown proposals for the store with the Assistant Merchandiser.
- Prepare information for product reviews with a specific focus on cards
- Maintaining close working relationships with all other departments
- Manage out of the business any old stock in the most profitable way.
- Build relationship with the USA team through monthly conference calls and regular updates.
- Excellent excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to anticipate issues arising within the critical path and be able to negotiate successful solutions.
- Have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Highly organised and show initiative in a fast paced environment
- Be an effective, fair and competent manage
- Ability to manage upwards, downwards and across
- Clearly communicates priorities
If you are passionate about merchandising and and think you have what it takes, please send us your CV to suzy@carolinegardner ensuring the title of the email is Merchandiser Role.
Start date is ASAP although we will wait for the right candidate.