- Deputise and support Store Manager in delivery of all aspects of Store Management and Web despatch operations.
- Contribute to store productivity and sales ensuring that they are met or exceeded.
- Assist in the store’s provision of excellent customer service support ‘clientelling’.
- Work with the Store Manager to ensure that visual merchandising standards are met.
- Assist in staff development programmes to develop teams.
- To be able to deputise and run operations of web pick, pack, dispatch area.
- To operationally support in control of stock within the MHS store.
- All of retail and web despatch team in absence of Store Manager.
Key Result Areas
- Support the Manager to achieve and exceed sales and profit targets for the store.
- Support the Manager to ensure there is effective and consistent communication to all team members regarding store performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Achieve individual productivity goals and coach the team to achieve theirs. Maximise all selling opportunities by close monitoring of KPI measurements. To support the Manager in taking appropriate action to address performance issues where necessary.
- Support the Manager in planning, co-ordination and implementation of in-store events and activities.
- Drive store and web marketing forward with data capture results.
- Improve store and personal ATV results
- Support the Manager to train, motivate and develop the team to optimise the stores performance. Ensure all staff possess excellent product knowledge; through supporting the Manager and Head Office team with regular training on new merchandise prior to launch and on-going refresher training where necessary.
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to the company policies and procedures in regards to Health and Safety in the store.
- To assist in the maintenance of the highest standards of visual merchandising, presentation and house-keeping standards in the Store. Make recommendations where appropriate.
- To ensure that stock levels are regularly reviewed to maintain data integrity within the Store. Including support with the preparation and execution of regular stock takes.
- Take steps to ensure that company property and stock is secure and implement security checks.
- Supporting manager in smooth pick, pack, despatch operations. Understand the process from beginning to end and ensuring procedures are followed.
- To make commercial decisions in absence of Store Manager that maximise store/web sales and profit whilst delivering retail objectives.
- To set and promote clear and excellent standards of customer service within store, training the team to ensure customers feel welcome and at the heart of everything we do.
- To assist in driving excellence in service within the team through product knowledge and brilliant selling skills.
- To deliver the best standards of customer service on the high street. Be the best we can be.
- Be instrumental in ensuring that the store delivers a consistently high level of customer care at all times, communicating expectations and monitoring progress of the team.
- Support Store Manager in responding to queries on Customer Services desk. Ensuring customers are quickly satisfied with our responses whilst protecting profit.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with in a sympathetic and timely manner.
- To ensure the accurate collection of Customer Data and store sales statistics.
Competencies and Experience
- Demonstrable success gained in a minimum of supervisor position with a recognised brand
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable brilliant sales skills
- Enjoys detail, accuracy and is analytical
- Strong verbal reasoning skills
- Demonstrates operational strengths and a keen eye for processes and administration
- Shows ambition to drive through initiatives and change, to achieve company targets
- Demonstrates an ability to plan the work of the team (in the absence of the Manager)
- Ensure all team/department reporting is completed on a timely basis
- Demonstrates respect and politeness and regularly exceeds customer expectations
- Liaises frequently with customers to keep them fully informed
- The capacity to establish credibility and authority quickly
- IT literate with strong numeric skills
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated
- Understand and represent the brand attributes
- Demonstrates an ability to lead, motivate, train and develop a team through active management
- Willingness to adapt and remain flexible at all times
- Prepared to go the extra mile to achieve targets
- Self-motivator and leader