An exciting opportunity has arisen within our finance department as an Assistant Accountant.
- Reconciliation up to UK trial balance including:
- Sales ledger
- Purchase ledger
- Bank accounts
- Processing journals including:
- Fixed assets
- Suspense reconciliation
- Processing bank payments and receipts
- Processing sales invoices, reviewing credit note requests and raising in Sage
- Reconciling and processing store and web sales
- Processing credit card transactions and expenses
- Building relationships with both customers and suppliers, dealing with queries and ensuring overdue invoices are settled
- Working with debt insurance agencies to assist in debt collection
- Main point of contact in finance for National Customers
- Posting purchase invoices & processing payment runs
- Processing and submitting the quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with the year end accounts preparation process
Skills & experience:
This role will report to the Financial Controller and is ideally suited to an enthusiastic individual seeking their next step within finance. You should be beginning your accountancy studies (ACCA / CIMA) or AAT qualified
This is an interesting, varied role and will require strong organisation and time management skills.
You will need to be happy working as part of a team but also able to work independently.
The successful candidate will require excellent communication skills and previous experience of Sage is an advantage.