Are you the type of person who is….
- Motivated by a challenge and dynamic in approach
- Energetic and resourceful
- Loves product and committed to quality and design!
- Has excellent numerical skills and is super organised
We are looking for a product developer / buyer so please get in touch with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to apply:
- Responsible for product development in terms of sourcing, price negotiation and liaising with suppliers to ensure samples and stock are delivered on time and as specified.
- Maximizing profit margin through effective worldwide sourcing. Achieve optimum product cost through effective negotiation with suppliers.
- Work with merchandising team to ensure product ranges are delivered within set parameters and to ensure stock availably targets are met.
- Recognising new trends, product ideas and new areas of opportunity for our wholesale business and new retail outlets.
- Regular comp shops each season, staying in touch with retail and competitor trends.
- Working with designers to create great, commercial product that appeals to our varied customer base for both CG retail and Caroline Gardner wholesale.
- Managing the relationship with existing factories and sourcing new opportunities.
- Visiting suitable factories and trade shows in the Far East, UK and Europe.
- Liaising technical consultants to ensure product complies with relevant safety standards for required markets.
- Working with the factories to manage the QC process and ensure they understand our quality standards.
- Sample management and product sealing.
- Managing the critical path to ensure launch timescales are met.
- Assist the sales team to manage customer samples, mock ups and attending meetings where relevant. Without compromising profitability.
Thanks and good luck!