An exciting opportunity has arisen for an articulate, goal driven and pro-active Assistant Merchandiser to join our growing team. Experience wise, you must be operating at Merchandising Assistant or Allocator level and be looking to push your career forward.
Reporting to: Merchandiser
The Role & Key Responsibities:
- Working with the merchandiser to plan a commercially profitable range for retail by providing all historical information - including but not limited to - best sellers, colour analysis, price analysis and option counts.
- Maintain accurate WSSIs by category / location and propose any actions to Merchandiser / HoM.
- Maintain an accurate range plan for branded product, flagging any issues.
- Produce and present weekly trading packs and have ownership of the weekly trade meeting.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries, provide ASN’s and check GRN’s.
- Maintaining good relationships with external warehouses, organising fortnightly deliveries to the store and stock transfers to the web to ensure stock levels are to plan.
- Propose and prepare information for end of season and mid-season sales, taking into consideration Sell Through, Exit Margin, ROS and stock into sale.
- Have knowledge of the sage system and be able to cover the merch admin role in their absence.
- Have a good knowledge of Intelligent Retail, maximising to its full potential and understanding its limitations.
- Have a good relationship with the store, keeping them informed of deliveries and stock issues.
- Preparing for and involvement in two seasonal stocktakes for the store and web.
- Adhoc sales analysis.
- Checking suppliers invoices and authorising payments through the accounts departments
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers, constantly reviewing performance
- Good Excel knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to manage upwards
- Ability to present to a group
If you are passionate about merchandising and and think you have what it takes, please send us your CV to email@example.com ensuring the title of the email is Assistant Merchandiser.
Start date is ASAP although we will wait for the right candidate.